Click On the Questions
What are Antigravity Batteries?
What sets Antigravity Batteries apart from your competitors?
1) Rest assured that NO company offers more cranking amps or a more powerful batteries than Antigavity Batteries…. We have the smallest and most powerful batteries in our Small Case batteries, and have a models with as much as 720 Cranking Amps yet only 6″ x 3.4″ x 5.1″ tall. No other company offers that kind of performance in such a lightweight and compact size!
2)We are the only “water tight” lithium battery … others claim water resistant, or are not watertight in some cases, and will void the warranty if wet, Antigravity IS watertight. Antigravity does not void the warranty if you get salt on the terminal or over tighten a terminal, Shorai and Ballistic will void your warranty if these conditions exist. Additionally, we have a 1 year warranty for race use… But the warranty on Ballistic or Shorai is voided for race use…. We know our product can handle the toughest use and stand behind it.
2) We offer possibly the best warranty in Lithium or Lead Batteries… Our warranty is 3 years, a full year longer warranty than Shorai, and we do not have some of the warranty voiding limitations that they do, such as “battery cannot be discharged below 12.8 volts” (what battery does not go below 12.8v at some time?). We build a solid product and do not have these product quality limitations. Read the warranties from Antigravity vs. other Lithium battery companies…
2) We make our batteries here in America We out-perform other Lithium batteries and build our product to withstand the demands or racing and hard use. When you purchase an Antigravity Battery you are getting the best and highest quality in every component from the Power Cells to our overall design and build quality.
What are the benefits of Antigravity Batteries?
2) BETTER STARTING-Because of the high power of our batteries you will notice a faster turn-over of the motor, but in addition to that you will have a larger ignition spark due to the fact that the voltage stays much higher than lead/acid on the starting pulse…this aids dramatically in starting the vehicle.
3) LIGHT WEIGHT- Antigravity Batteries are on average 70-80% lighter than the lead acid battery they replace. When seen in person the size and weight difference is quite extraordinary. Antigravity Batteries are a fraction of the cost of Titanium or Carbon Fibre, yet offer up 20 times the weight savings of those very expensive products!
4) COMPACT SIZE- Antigravity Batteries are usually from 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the lead battery they replace (when using the small case models)! This can be a great benefit to anyone installing Power Commanders or extra electronics, or for the custom builder who desires to hide the battery or have more room to lower the seat on a custom build.
5) NO MAINTENANCE- These batteries are a no maintenance battery… there are no liquids to spill, no trickle charging needed to keep the battery charged (provided there are not parasitic drains occuring)…If your electrical system is functioning properly, and you do not have accessories that drain the battery while your bike is off, you should not have any issues with the battery.
6) NOT DAMAGED BY VIBRATION or HEAT- This is an extremely important point… Lead batteries are damaged by vibration and heat, it is one of the causes of early failure in lead/acid batteries. If you have a performance bike or high vibration vehicle like a large twin the effect is more pronounced. Antigravity Batteries are not effected by vibration!
7) NON-TOXIC- The chemical makes up does not contain highly toxic materials such as acid or lead within the battery.
8) CAN BE INSTALLED IN ANY ORIENTATION- These are DRY CELL batteries and do not have liquids that can spill out of the battery.
How well do Antigravity Batteries work in Snowmobiles and Watercraft?
For use in Snowmobiles the fact is that all Lithium Batteries have what is called “Cold Lag”… when lithium is extremely cold it will suffer from initially sluggish performance until it is warmed up. The battery self warms with short start attempts by discharging amperage which cause it to self-warm and soon get it’s full power back, but it must be pointed out that Snowmobiles are often ridden in these extreme temperatures and must consider this Cold Lag issue. We recommend a minimum of 1 to 2 sizes larger for use in Watercraft of Snowmobiles, but please contact us for more information in determining what will work best for you.
Why don’t you recommend them for Passenger Car use?
Are there any concerns regarding these batteries?
2) You can ruin the battery if you let it drain to below 10.5v volts!!! This is true of ANY battery, lead/acid or lithium. Draining a battery to this level will damage the battery cells. This is not a concern if you remember to turn off your ignition, or turn off any accessories that are not ignition switched and monitor your battery is you plan on not riding frequently. You should also make sure your vehicle does not have an “parasitic drain” or “short circuit”. A “parasitic drain” is something like an accessory that is pulling energy from the battery even though the ignition is “off” this can drain your battery below 10.5v and ruin it if you store the bike or don’t ride it to keep it charged … Sometimes a short can also be the cause of a drain on the battery though all accessories are “off”. For the best battery life you should monitor your battery and if you do not ride for a time make sure you disconnect the battery or put it on a lithium maintenance charger.
3)Also, important is that OVER-CHARGING above 14.8 v can damage Lead or Lithium batteries. For this reason older bikes should make sure their electrical system and specifically the Voltage Regulator is operating correctly or you will find yourself damaging your batteries if your bikes charging systems voltage to the battery is going above 15v.
4)DO NOT ABUSE the battery…. These batteries express extremely high amperage and can get over heated if you keep cranking a bike repeatedly over 7 seconds multiple times in a row. Though they are made to start your bike with fantastic results they can become over heated if you keep trying to crank a bike that just isn’t starting.
How do I choose the correct battery
Does this battery require trickle charging?
How do I charge the battery?
You should NOT use a automobile or motorcycle charger that is specific to Lead/Acid batteries! They can cause damage to the batteries because they charge in a different way than a specific Lifepo4 Lithium Charger. They often have a Desulfinate feature or over voltage “Quick Charging” feature… both of which will damage the Antigravity Battery. Lead Acid charges in many case will overcharge a lithium battery ending up in damage which is not covered under our warranty.
Is there a Warranty?
When you look at a warranty between different manufactures look at the detail…. we see some of the other companies who make similar style batteries have shorter warranties and warranties that are voided if you get salt on their battery terminals, or if you tighten the terminal to over 5lbs of torque…. or if you allow the voltage to drop below 12v…. We feel these limitations only show a lower build quality of these batteries. Make sure you compare warranties in detail. We offer the strongest warranty out there.