OEM Size Lithium Battery (Direct Replacement)
The YT12-BS case format is found in most all Ducati motorcycles as well as many others. This ultra lightweight Antigravity Lithium version offers much better cranking power for better starting and is only 2.5 lbs, saving about 6 pounds in weight over the lead/acid version! For the extreme Hi-Power version of this battery check the YT12BS-16 (16-Cells 480 Cranking Amps) – great for those seeking more power and capacity for a modified motor or extra performance.
- Ultra-Lightweight and High-Power Lithium-Ion Motorsport Battery.
- Direct Replacement for the lead/acid YT12-BS model yet offers much better cranking amps while also saving about 6 pounds of weight!
- Can hold a charge up to a year provided there are no “Parasitic Drains” (accessories that draw power when bike is off (i.e. alarms, ECUs, iPods, GPS, heated grips, etc).
- Large all-brass terminal design.
- 3-Year Warranty (view our Warranty page for details).
- Excellent for every day use in stock bikes up to 1200cc.
- Excellent for direct replacement for stock vehicles using Lead/Acid YT12-BS batteries.
- For Race Vehicles up to 1400cc.
- Excellent for use in Race Cars of all types including hi-performance V-6 motors.
George Rieder –
Whoops! The terminals are top mount, not side mount like the OEM battery for my V Starr 1100 Classic. While I was able to secure the cables, it makes for an inelegant installation, which may stress the cables over time. I am looking into using some terminal adapters, perhaps the ones made by Odyssey? The OEM battery did indeed fit the space perfectly, and then – uh oh, a problem with the top mount. Not really the vendor’s fault, as the battery pictured clearly shows the terminals on the top. I guess I focused on OEM replacement, and figured that was that.